Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SHOW SOME PRIDE

Yesterday, I had to clear a path through Maggie's room to get to her bed. It isn't that it is filthy, but it is covered with dolls, doll clothes, shoes, books, etc. (I think my mom is probably smiling when she reads this....hahaha...yes, I get it now, Mom.)

Anyway, I said to Maggie, "Take a little pride in our home. Please pick up this mess." She said to me, "What is pride?" I am always working on expanding the kids' vocabulary, and when she asks this question, I often say, "what do you think it means?" More often than not, she is able to discern the meaning from the context of what was said.

So I asked her, "Maggie - what do you think 'pride' means?" She thought for a moment, then said, "Southern Hospitality?" I burst out laughing and asked, "where did that come from? where in the world did you hear that?"

Of course - - I should have known. Her answer? She heard it while watching "Hannah Montana."

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I love that you have a label called, "Hannah Montana"